Borax, also known as sodium borate, sodium tetraborate, or disodium tetraborate, is an important boron compound, a mineral, and a salt of boric acid. Unlike boric acid, sodium tetraborate is not toxic.
* This product is only available in BULK in 10g portions
Borax has many industrial and household applications as a component in a wide range of products. Applications include as a pesticide; metal soldering; glaze and enamel manufacturing; tanning of skins and hides; artificial aging of wood; as a preservative against wood fungus and not to mention it's popular use in various household cleaning products and as a laundry booster.
Unexpected uses for Borax:
- Sprinkling Borax around the perimeter of your home to keep mice from coming in.
- It is very effective in killing and controlling various types of insects, including fleas, silverfish and beetles.
- Can preserve freshly-cut flowers for an extended period of time.
- Carpet Cleaner: In a pint mason jar, mix 2 cups of cornmeal with 1 cup of borax. Sprinkle the mixture over your carpets and leave for at least an hour. Add an essential oil if you choose. Vacuum it up and enjoy fresh carpets.
- Sprinkle borax to kill weeds in the yard and in sidewalk cracks.
- Flea destroyer: Just mix Borax with regular table salt in equal parts and scrub the mixture onto furniture, carpet, cracks and other places fleas might have set their base. Wait 24 hours and vacuum.
- Athlete’s foot treatment: it's very effective at fighting off stubborn fungal infections such as athlete’s foot.
- Craft time for the kiddos! Make beautiful Crystals! Just mix borax with hot water. Hot water molecules will allow the crystals to form.
- Natural joint pain relief